Pharmacy Events Publication
- Register for the Biodiversity and Medicines Symposium
- ‘Let’s Talk – Making conversations about Health More Effective’
- Third Frank Fish Memorial Lecture
- Third Biennial Symposium of Neuroscience Researchers at the UCL School of Pharmacy
- 74th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students as good global citizens
- What are the important questions for research into ageing?
- Symposium on Drugs from Natural Sources at PharmaSci 2014
- 14th International Congress of the Society for Ethnopharmacology
- Professor Keith Petrie Seminar
Register for the Biodiversity and Medicines Symposium
Publication date: Jun 6, 2014 1:53:35 PM
Jun 6, 2014 12:00:00 AM
End: Dec 30, 2014 12:00:00 AM
Location: School of Pharmacy
Registration is now open for a one day symposium on Thursday 26th June 2014 at the School of Pharmacy, organised by the Biodiversity and Medicines cluster. The programme for our symposium, entitled ‘Biodiversity and Medicines' focuses on three themes which hold considerable potential for developing them in the context of the UCL Grand Challenge of Global Health:
- Chemical and pharmacological perspectives
- Population health and clinical research
- Environmental and sociocultural sciences
We have an excellent group of speakers and the schedule for the day is listed below.
- 09.30 Arrival & Refreshments
- 10.00 Introduction – Professor Duncan Craig / Michael Heinrich / Ian Scott
- 10.10 Robert J Harvey (UCL SoP) NMDA receptor mutations in focal epilepsies - new uses for old medicines?
- 10.30 Andreas Bender (Cambridge Chemistry) Chemical and biological data integration for mode-of-action analysis of single compounds and traditional medicines and compound mixtures
- 10.50 Dulcie Mulholland (Univ. Surrey) Research in the Natural Products Group at the University of Surrey.
- 11.10 Sanjib Bhakta (BBK Structural and Molecular Biology interdisciplinary approaches in tackling antibiotic resistance in tuberculosis (TB)
- 11.30 Helen C Hailes (UCL Chemistry) Applications of Norcoclaurine Synthases
- 11.50 Frank Kozielski (UCL SoP) Kinesins and Cancer: from inhibitor screening to preclinical studies.
- 12.10 Sanjay Kinra and Kaushik Chattopadhyay, Clinical research on herbal medicines.
12.30 – 1.20 – Lunch
- 1.30 Mine Orlu-Gul (UCL SoP) Patient Centric Medicine for Wellbeing in Later Life`
- 1.50 Barry Bogin and Ines Varela-Silva, (Loughborough Univ.) Intergenerational effects on population health and families’ living conditions.
- 2.10 Monique Simmonds (RBG Kew and UCL SoP) Biodiversity and medicines – from authentication / sustainable use to new products.
- 2.30 Raj Puri (U Kent) Biodiversity and conservation – an anthropological perspective
- 2.50 Vivienne Lo (UCL History) Potent substances – on the interface of food and medicine.
- 3.10 Michael Heinrich (UCL SoP) Biodiversity and Medicines.
- 3.30 Georgina Mace (UCL CBER) Causes and consequences of global biodiversity change.
- 3.50 Closing Remarks – Michael Heinrich