UCL School of Pharmacy
- Current Students
- Staff Intranet
- Pharmacy News Publication
- Pharmacy Events Publication
- News and events
- Behavioural medicine and treatment optimisation events
- Biodiversity and medicines events
- Disease models and clinical pharmacology events
- Drug discovery events
- Global workforce and education events
- Molecular drug delivery and nanomedicine events
- Neuroscience in health & disease events
- Pharmaceutical materials and dosage form design events
- DTP Events
- CDT Old Events
Quadruplex nucleic acids as novel therapeutic targets
S Neidle. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 59, 5987-6011.
Loop flexibility in human telomeric quadruplex small-molecule complexes
GW Collie, NH Campbell & S Neidle. Nucleic Acids Research, 2015, 43, 4785-4799.
A G-quadruplex-binding compound showing anti-tumour activity in an in vivo model for pancreatic cancer. SA Ohnmacht, C Marchetti, M Gunaratnam, RJ Besser, SM Haider, HL Lowe, M Mellinas-Gomez, S Diocou, M Robson, J Šponer , B Islam, RB Pedley, JA Hartley & S Neidle. Scientific Reports, 2015, 5, 11385.
See also http://search2.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.html?query=neidle&collection=ucl-discovery
Professor Stephen Neidle
Emeritus Professor of Chemical Biology; Professorial Fellow of Cancer Research UK
Tel: 0207 753 5969
- Editor of "Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters"
- Editor-in-chief of “Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry”
- Member of the editorial boards of "Nucleic Acids Research", "Methods"
- Member of the Wellcome Trust Peer Review College, The Royal Society Newton Advanced Fellowships Panel
- Member “Drinkaware” Medical Advisory Panel
- The chemistry and biology of nucleic acid structure and recognition by small molecules, with a focus on four-stranded quadruplex structures within genomic DNA and RNA
- Exploiting this information for the rational design, discovery and development of novel small-molecule therapies against (i) cancer, (ii) anti-infective diseases and (iii) neuro-degenerative disorders involving nucleic acid repeat-expansion sequences
- Author and co-author of ca 500 research publications, current h index 90. Author and editor of a number of books on nucleic acid structure, drug-nucleic acid interactions and cancer drug discovery.
- Stephen Neidle is currently directing a programme on the discovery and development of novel approaches to the therapy of cancers with major unmet clinical need, especially pancreatic cancer. This work has been supported by the Medical Research Council and Johnston & Johnston, and most recently by the UCL Technology Fund
- Lectures on Cancer Drug Discovery in the MSc Drug Discovery course
- Lectures on Research Methods in the PhD course programme
- Undergraduate and MSc research projects
- Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector Prize, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2000
- Interdisciplinary Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2002
- Avantis Prize in Medicinal Chemistry, 2004
- Sosnovsky Award in Cancer Therapy, 2009
- DSc, PhD, ARCS, DIC, FRSC
Awaiting server response...