UCL School of Pharmacy
Deadlines for incoming visiting applications
Placements in Term 1:
September to December
Deadline: 10th May
Placements in Term 2:
January to April
Deadline: 10th September
Placements in Term 3 & in the Summer:
May – August
Deadline: 10th January
Erasmus and Visiting Students
Students enrolled at one of our Erasmus partner universities may apply for a placement at the School of Pharmacy. Erasmus students will usually be offered a laboratory based placement within one of the research groups in the School. It is not generally possible to take taught courses.
Students who are studying at universities outside the EU are also considered but must usually contact us directly to see if a laboratory based placement is possible.
Most placements last from 3-6 months. The maximum length is 12 months.
Students wishing to apply to the Erasmus programme should follow these steps:
1. Consult the list of Erasmus partners to see if your home university has an Erasmus partnership agreement with the School of Pharmacy.
2. Contact your university Erasmus office and/or department Erasmus coordinator. They will help you with the formal process and administration. Once you have been accepted onto the programme, they will contact the School of Pharmacy to notify us that you will be coming to London. Please ask your coordinator to send a ‘Learning Agreement’ to the School. We need this document before you can start your placement.
School of Pharmacy Erasmus Application Form:
3. Once you have been selected by your home university to join the Erasmus programme please download and complete the Erasmus Application Form.
You can submit this, along with the supporting documents required, by email or post to the address below.
You will be asked to list 3 areas of study in order of preference. It is helpful to research our departments, research groups and staff profiles when composing this list – the more specific you are, the more chance you have of being placed within your first choice. Please consult the School's research and departmental webpages. We will always try to place you within your first choice of research topic. However, this is not always possible due to pressures on laboratory space
4. You will be contacted by the School when we have arranged your placement or if we require further information. But please do feel free to contact us if you have any questions or are in need of any assistance.
5. The School of Pharmacy does not offer onsite accommodation for students. However, we do offer information, guidance and support to help students secure external accommodation. We will email further information on accommodation options, once we have begun to make arrangements for your placement. Please note: the months of September to November are particularly difficult to find accommodation in London. If it is possible to start your placement after January, you will find more availability.
Arrival in London:
6. Once your placement has been confirmed, you should contact your School supervisor to discuss details of your project and to finalise your arrival and departure dates. Please inform the Registry about these dates, so that we can ensure we are available to handle your registration upon your arrival. Students are to arrive in London 3-5 days prior to the commencement of their project, in order to finalise their arrangements. When you do arrive at the School, please ask for the Registry Office and bring your passport/national identity card along with any documents required by your university Erasmus office.
If you have any further questions, please contact:
The School of Pharmacy
University of London
29/39 Brunswick Square
Tel +44 (0) 20 7753 5831
Page last modified on 14 may 13 09:24