UCL School of Pharmacy
- About the School
- Study Here
- Research Themes
- News Archive
- Student Life
- International students
- Library and Services
- Research Departments
- Work Here
- Contact Us
- UCL School of Pharmacy News
Coat of Arms
The School of Pharmacy received its grant of arms in March, 1950. It includes the motto "Salutifer Orbi" which translates as "Bringing Health to the World".
The shield has a blue band across the top and a blue diagonal band running from the top right-hand corner* on either side of which stands a mortar and pestle in gold on a silvery white ground.
On the diagonal band is the Staff of Asclepius, entwined by a serpent in gold.
Upon the transverse blue band is in the centre a Tudor rose surrounded by golden rays and on either side of it an open book, with gilt edges and clasps, these being part of the arms of the University of London.
The helm is the plain-helm of an esquire and on top of the helm is the crest consisting of two poppy heads with stalks crossed in the form of a St Andrew's cross, arranged in front of a foxglove. Covering the helm behind is the mantle. This consists of stylized foliage ending in two tassels on either side below the motto 'Salutifer Orbi' and two more tassels on either side of the helm.
*In heraldic decriptions, the right- and left-hand sides of a shield are indicated in the same way as the right and left of the person carrying the shield and not from the point of view of the observer.
Page last modified on 10 nov 11 17:04