- Personal Tutoring at UCL
- PPD in Personal Tutorials
- Being an Effective Personal Tutor
- Support and Guidance for Personal Tutors
- Examples of Departmental Practice
- Important Information
- Resources for Personal Tutors
Support and Guidance for Personal Tutors
The primary point of reference for Personal Tutors is their respective Departmental Tutors who should coordinate the appointment, induction and ongoing support of Personal Tutors.
The following pages are intended as additional support to help academic staff prepare for being a Personal Tutor. There may be events and other resources organised from time to time for support of Personal Tutors and exchange of good practice in personal tutoring. These will be communicated by appropriate means at the relevant times.
Palgrave Skills4Study Campus
Don't forget that we have an institutional license for
Palgrave's Skills4Study Campus, which is free for all UCL students to
use with their UCL logins. These are available to students via the PPD website.
There are plenty of resources for you to direct them to:
- Getting ready for academic study
- Time management
- Reading and note-making
- Critical thinking skills
- Writing skills
- Referencing and understanding plagiarism
- Groupwork and presentations
- Confidence with numbers
- Exam skills
- Research principles
- Projects, dissertations and reports
- Employability and personal development
Please feel free to embed these links on your own resources for students.
Page last modified on 11 aug 15 15:28