- Personal Tutoring at UCL
- PPD in Personal Tutorials
- Being an Effective Personal Tutor
- Support and Guidance for Personal Tutors
- Important Information
- Resources for Personal Tutors
Personal Tutorials and PPD
"My tutor was very helpful and personally focused on developing areas I had difficulty with"
- UCL Student, School of Pharmacy
UCL has long believed in the importance of the personal and professional development of its students. A university education should foster not only the acquisition of subject
knowledge, but also the advanced skills, knowledge and attributes that will enable
graduates to meet the significant challenges ahead.
Supporting Personal and Professional Development can act as a way for you and your tutees to get to know each other. Ultimately you want to empower students to deal with their own difficulties and take control of their development - one way of doing this is to encourage them in their personal and professional development to draw on their strengths.
Palgrave Skills4Study Campus
Don't forget that we have an institutional license for Palgrave's Skills4Study Campus, which is free for all UCL students to use with their UCL logins. These are available to students via the PPD website.
There are plenty of resources for you to direct them to:
- Getting ready for academic study
- Time management
- Reading and note-making
- Critical thinking skills
- Writing skills
- Referencing and understanding plagiarism
- Groupwork and presentations
- Confidence with numbers
- Exam skills
- Research principles
- Projects, dissertations and reports
- Employability and personal development
Please feel free to embed these links in your own resources for students.
Page last modified on 11 aug 15 15:26