- Guidance & Support for Personal Tutors
- The Role of the Personal Tutor
- Formats for Personal Tutorials
- Support for Personal Tutors
- Helping Students in Difficulty
- Frequently Asked Questions
Mental Health Issues
If you are concerned about students’ health, mental condition or emotional state, try to persuade them to obtain professional advice without delay. In extreme situations you may need to initiate the contact on their behalf . If a student comes to you too ill or distressed to be left alone, get help immediately. If concerned, don't be reticent to contact emergency services (dial 222 from any UCL extension). In an emergency the Health Centre will deal with students, whether registered there or not. Click here for Health Centre details.
In addition to its general guidance for staff, the UCL Student Psycological Services offers scheduled workshops on identifying and managing student mental ill-health.
Page last modified on 03 jan 13 13:58