- Guidance & Support for Personal Tutors
- Helping Students in Difficulty
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Advising Students
- Student Difficulties
- What do I do if a student is behaving oddly or shows signs of being mentally unstable?
- What if I am approached by a student's parent, relative or guardian?
- Where can I refer students who report being in difficulty?
What if I am approached by a student's parent, relative or guardian?
UCL's relationship is solely and only with the student themselves. Any disclosure of a student's whereabouts, attendance, progress etc. to a third party is entirely inappropriate, no matter who they are. All that you should do in response to such an approach is to say that you will endeavour to pass a message on and encourage the student to respond on their own behalf if appropriate. This is a matter of law and of institutional regulation, so must be observed rigorously.
Page last modified on 08 sep 10 14:24