What should I do for a student with money problems?

The online student handbook section on student financial support has a comprehensive list of the various sources of funding available to students.

The Dean of Students (Welfare) can authorise an emergency loan of up to £300 for students who are suffering from a cash-flow problem. To get the loan, they will have to make an appointment to see the Dean in person. The Students' Union Rights & Advice Centre also has a small loan fund if you need more than is available from the Dean.

The student hardship funds can make small (up to £1,000) contributions towards maintenance where as a result of unforeseen circumstances your original funding plan has suffered.

Don't lend money or offer temporary accommodation, no matter how compelling the circumstances.

Page last modified on 27 sep 10 19:38