- Save the Children launch website designed with CORU's help
- Attempts at surgical removal are of no benefit to asbestos cancer sufferers finds trial led by CORU's Tom Treasure
- CORU's work shows effects of selective citation on surgical practice
- Pandemic flu countermeasure work published in Vaccine
- Editorial praises CORU's simple risk stratification model
- Tom Treasure's talk is ranked among top three presentations
- The Ekjut trial in India is selected as Trial of the Year!
- Christos Vasilakis gives keynote lecture at Young OR 17 conference
- CORU informs national policy on pandemic flu
- CORU work examines the foundations of triage
- Christina Pagel gives invited talk at RCM conference
- Martin Utley gives invited talk at the MASHNET workshop
- Making sense of statistics
- UCL helps engineer to heal his own heart
- Christina Pagel has paper published in The Lancet
- Martin Utley promoted to professor
- Professor Tom Treasure attends NICE International conference
- Citation for Steve Gallivan
- NCEPOD report highlights concerns over chemotherapy
- CORU 25 year celebration
- Marfan aortic aneurysm: Golesworthy wins Healthcare Award
- CORU projections of skilled birth attendance rates in world's poorest regions published
- CORU's Skilled Birth Attendance paper is a BMC Highly Accessed paper!
- CORU's visual outcome monitoring tool (VLAD) goes global!
- Number of people living with cancer set to increase significantly
- CORU article highlights challenges in implementing modelling toolkits
- Health financing website receives positive feedback!
- Is surgery to remove secondary cancer always a good thing?
- Sonya Crowe awarded Improvement Science Fellowship by the Health Foundation!
- CORU work helps child heart teams get clearer picture of their results
- CORU's work with the Department of Health's health protection team continues
- UCL Partners successful in bid to host a new £9 million CLAHRC!
- Funding bid to understand complications following children's heart surgery successful!
- Editorial published in Heart discussing the benefits and risks of monitoring mortality
- Health research partnership launches to tackle major health challenges
- CORU's Tom Treasure discusses colorectal cancer in the BMJ
- UK death rates for children’s heart surgery have almost halved over past decade
- Prof. Steve Gallivan
- Improving risk adjustment in the PRAiS model - PRAiS2
- Martin Utley and Sonya Crowe win OR Society Goodeve Medal
- Christina Pagel wins prestigious Harkness Fellowship
- New parent-led website that opens up NHS children's heart surgery data to families launches
- Dr Sonya Crowe Appointed Lecturer in Operational Research
CORU's work with the Department of Health's health protection team continues
9 September 2013
CORU has been providing the UK Department of Health’s (DH)
health protection team with academic advice and operational research responsive to DH
policy priorities. The contract to provide this work has now been extended for
another two years so that CORU analysts will continue to provide an external
perspective to pressing policy questions. The responsive nature of the work
means that our work will address policies of relevance to current policy and
feed into decisions making. We are delighted to continue our long standing
association with the UK Department of Health.