- Save the Children launch website designed with CORU's help
- Attempts at surgical removal are of no benefit to asbestos cancer sufferers finds trial led by CORU's Tom Treasure
- CORU's work shows effects of selective citation on surgical practice
- Pandemic flu countermeasure work published in Vaccine
- Editorial praises CORU's simple risk stratification model
- Tom Treasure's talk is ranked among top three presentations
- The Ekjut trial in India is selected as Trial of the Year!
- Christos Vasilakis gives keynote lecture at Young OR 17 conference
- CORU informs national policy on pandemic flu
- CORU work examines the foundations of triage
- Christina Pagel gives invited talk at RCM conference
- Martin Utley gives invited talk at the MASHNET workshop
- Making sense of statistics
- UCL helps engineer to heal his own heart
- Christina Pagel has paper published in The Lancet
- Martin Utley promoted to professor
- Professor Tom Treasure attends NICE International conference
- Citation for Steve Gallivan
- NCEPOD report highlights concerns over chemotherapy
- CORU 25 year celebration
- Marfan aortic aneurysm: Golesworthy wins Healthcare Award
- CORU projections of skilled birth attendance rates in world's poorest regions published
- CORU's Skilled Birth Attendance paper is a BMC Highly Accessed paper!
- CORU's visual outcome monitoring tool (VLAD) goes global!
- Number of people living with cancer set to increase significantly
- CORU article highlights challenges in implementing modelling toolkits
- Health financing website receives positive feedback!
- Is surgery to remove secondary cancer always a good thing?
- Sonya Crowe awarded Improvement Science Fellowship by the Health Foundation!
- CORU work helps child heart teams get clearer picture of their results
- CORU's work with the Department of Health's health protection team continues
- UCL Partners successful in bid to host a new £9 million CLAHRC!
- Funding bid to understand complications following children's heart surgery successful!
- We're recruiting - make a difference to health care with CORU!
- Editorial published in Heart discussing the benefits and risks of monitoring mortality
- We are recruiting! Make a real difference to one of the UK's top hospital trusts!
- Health research partnership launches to tackle major health challenges
- CORU's Tom Treasure discusses colorectal cancer in the BMJ
- Come do a PhD with CORU!
Health financing website receives positive feedback!
4 February 2013
Last year, Save the Children launched a health financing website (equitablehealthfinancing.org) designed with the help of Christina Pagel and Martin Utley of CORU and colleagues at the UCL Institute of Global Health. We initially reported on this last year, but now early reviews are in! Preliminary feedback has proven very positive and we are hopeful that this methodology could become a new way to bridge the gap between academic evidence and policy.
The work has recently been published (1) in a new journal JMIR: Research Protocols.
1. Skordis-Worrall J, Pulkki-Brännström A-M, Utley M, Kembhavi G, Bricki N, Dutoit X, et al. Development and Formative Evaluation of a Visual E-Tool to Help Decision Makers Navigate the Evidence Around Health Financing. JMIR Research Protocols. 2012 Dec 21;1(2):e25.