- Save the Children launch website designed with CORU's help
- Attempts at surgical removal are of no benefit to asbestos cancer sufferers finds trial led by CORU's Tom Treasure
- CORU's work shows effects of selective citation on surgical practice
- Pandemic flu countermeasure work published in Vaccine
- Editorial praises CORU's simple risk stratification model
- Tom Treasure's talk is ranked among top three presentations
- The Ekjut trial in India is selected as Trial of the Year!
- Christos Vasilakis gives keynote lecture at Young OR 17 conference
- CORU informs national policy on pandemic flu
- CORU work examines the foundations of triage
- Christina Pagel gives invited talk at RCM conference
- Martin Utley gives invited talk at the MASHNET workshop
- Making sense of statistics
- UCL helps engineer to heal his own heart
- Christina Pagel has paper published in The Lancet
- Martin Utley promoted to professor
- Professor Tom Treasure attends NICE International conference
- Citation for Steve Gallivan
- NCEPOD report highlights concerns over chemotherapy
- CORU 25 year celebration
- Marfan aortic aneurysm: Golesworthy wins Healthcare Award
- CORU projections of skilled birth attendance rates in world's poorest regions published
- CORU's Skilled Birth Attendance paper is a BMC Highly Accessed paper!
- CORU's visual outcome monitoring tool (VLAD) goes global!
- Number of people living with cancer set to increase significantly
- CORU article highlights challenges in implementing modelling toolkits
- Health financing website receives positive feedback!
- Is surgery to remove secondary cancer always a good thing?
- Sonya Crowe awarded Improvement Science Fellowship by the Health Foundation!
- CORU work helps child heart teams get clearer picture of their results
- CORU's work with the Department of Health's health protection team continues
- UCL Partners successful in bid to host a new £9 million CLAHRC!
- Funding bid to understand complications following children's heart surgery successful!
- Editorial published in Heart discussing the benefits and risks of monitoring mortality
- Health research partnership launches to tackle major health challenges
- CORU's Tom Treasure discusses colorectal cancer in the BMJ
- We're recruiting! Research Assistant/Research Associate - Outcomes Analysis in Children's Heart Surgery
Marfan aortic aneurysm: Golesworthy wins Healthcare Award
7 December 2011
CORU partner Tal Golesworthy (left in the project team photo below) was awarded The Engineer's Medical & Healthcare Award at The Royal Society. Golesworthy in 2004 became the first person fitted with the External Aortic Root Support (EARS) implant which he had himself devised. A process engineer, Golesworthy worked with MRI scans, CAD and rapid prototyping technology to design and manufacture the textile external support which has NICE Technology Appraisal in the UK.