- Save the Children launch website designed with CORU's help
- Attempts at surgical removal are of no benefit to asbestos cancer sufferers finds trial led by CORU's Tom Treasure
- CORU's work shows effects of selective citation on surgical practice
- Pandemic flu countermeasure work published in Vaccine
- Editorial praises CORU's simple risk stratification model
- Tom Treasure's talk is ranked among top three presentations
- The Ekjut trial in India is selected as Trial of the Year!
- Christos Vasilakis gives keynote lecture at Young OR 17 conference
- CORU informs national policy on pandemic flu
- CORU work examines the foundations of triage
- Christina Pagel gives invited talk at RCM conference
- Martin Utley gives invited talk at the MASHNET workshop
- Making sense of statistics
- UCL helps engineer to heal his own heart
- Christina Pagel has paper published in The Lancet
- Martin Utley promoted to professor
- Professor Tom Treasure attends NICE International conference
- Citation for Steve Gallivan
- NCEPOD report highlights concerns over chemotherapy
- CORU 25 year celebration
- Marfan aortic aneurysm: Golesworthy wins Healthcare Award
- CORU projections of skilled birth attendance rates in world's poorest regions published
- CORU's Skilled Birth Attendance paper is a BMC Highly Accessed paper!
- CORU's visual outcome monitoring tool (VLAD) goes global!
- Number of people living with cancer set to increase significantly
- CORU article highlights challenges in implementing modelling toolkits
- Health financing website receives positive feedback!
- Is surgery to remove secondary cancer always a good thing?
- Sonya Crowe awarded Improvement Science Fellowship by the Health Foundation!
- CORU work helps child heart teams get clearer picture of their results
- CORU's work with the Department of Health's health protection team continues
- UCL Partners successful in bid to host a new £9 million CLAHRC!
- Funding bid to understand complications following children's heart surgery successful!
- We're recruiting - make a difference to health care with CORU!
- Editorial published in Heart discussing the benefits and risks of monitoring mortality
- We are recruiting! Make a real difference to one of the UK's top hospital trusts!
- Health research partnership launches to tackle major health challenges
- CORU's Tom Treasure discusses colorectal cancer in the BMJ
- Come do a PhD with CORU!
The Ekjut trial in India is selected as Trial of the Year!
19 May 2011
The Ekjut Trial, which Christina Pagel was a co-author on (Lancet 2010;375: 1182-92), has been recognised as Trial of the Year by the Society for Clinical Trials.
This award is to given annually to the clinical trial that best embodies the following aspects:
- It improves the lot of mankind.
- It provides the basis for a substantial, beneficial change in health care.
- It reflects expertise in subject matter, excellence in methodology, and concern for study participants.
- It overcomes obstacles in implementation.
- The presentation of its design, execution, and results is a model of clarity and intellectual soundness.
Congratulations to the principal investigator, Dr Prasanta Tripathy, his team and the team at the UCL Centre for International Health and Development.