UCL Design Competition
NEWS: COMPETITION DEADLINE 13 January 2014
Win £500 and get the chance to put your evaluative design to the test. An additional £200 will be available for help constructing/implementing the winning design.
Design a concept for gathering feedback from attendees at One Day in the City 2014. We want the feedback process to be innovative, interactive, evaluative, ingenious and enjoyable. Everyone hates a questionnaire, many dislike being put on the spot; how do we get visitors to share more than a grunt or a signature or to rate their experience between 0-5, with 5 being “get lost” and 0 being “no, really, get lost”?
We are open to every kind of entry, whether it involves solid constructions, theatrical interventions, digital tools, pop-up materials, interactive art or a combination of all of these. The events will be taking place at UCL, and feedback could be sought in or outside lecture theatres, in the South Cloisters, around the grounds of UCL, within UCL Art Museum or at points of registration or refreshments.
Our panel of interdisciplinary judges are looking for designs which:
- Generate feedback from as many attendees as possible;
- Focus on how to gather specific feedback: such as name, contact details, occupation, demographics (are the visitors from UCL, the local community, London, from other countries?)
- Focus on how to provoke thoughtful, engaging feedback on the effect of the event/session: name one thing learnt; give five words describing the experience…
- Are unusual, bold and simple to implement;
- Are implementable for no more than £500.
Prize: £500 and the chance to put your
evaluative design to the test. An additional £200 will be available for help constructing/implementing
the winning design.
Open to: All students, undergraduates and postgraduates, from any UCL department, including the Bartlett, CASA and the Slade.
Deadline: Monday 13 January
Entries: Individual and group entries are welcome. One entry per person, submissions no longer than 2 sides of A4. Please also include a short CV (1 side A4).
Submit to: Nick Shepley, UCL English, firstname.lastname@example.org