- The Invisible City
- Keynote Address: Iain Sinclair and Chris Petit
- Panel 1a: Walking the City
- Panel 1b: The Politics of Space
- Panel 1c: Urban Technologies
- Poetry and the British Museum
- First Story Creative Writing Workshops
- Run, Jump, Shoot
- Panel 2a: Conceptual City
- Panel 2b: Contested Spaces
- Panel 2c: Working in the City
- Panel 3a: Nightwalking
- Panel 3b: Run, Jump, Shoot
- Panel 3c: Architexture
- Debate: Living and Writing in London
- London: A History in Verse
- Man Booker Prize Evening: A.S. Byatt and Alan Hollinghurst
Man Booker Prize Evening: A.S. Byatt and Alan Hollinghurst
9 May 2012
19:00 - 20:15 Darwin Lecture Theatre
"London and Literature: Reflections"
Come and listen to two of Britain's most highly-acclaimed novelists, Man Booker Prize-winning A.S. Byatt and Alan Hollinghurst, reflect on London and Literature. Both authors will read excerpts of their favourite London writing and discuss how the city influences and inspires their writing and their lives. Joining A.S. Byatt and Alan Hollinghurst in conversation will be John Mullan, head of UCL's Department of English and one-time Man Booker Prize Judge.
Come along a little early and have a drink in UCL South Cloisters from 17:00. The bar will continue to serve until 19:00.