Pregnancies in HIV-positive women
All pregnant women with diagnosed HIV living in the UK or Ireland should be reported through our active quarterly reporting scheme. No names are requested or recorded, but reports from different sources are matched by date of birth, location of report and other demographic variables.
- Each maternity unit in the UK and Ireland has a named respondent who is responsible for all reports to the NSHPC.
Each respondent is sent a quarterly green notification card for reporting all HIV-positive pregnancies first seen in the unit during that quarter (including terminations and miscarriages).
- NB: A nil report should be made if there were no eligible cases during the reported quarter (tick 'none' on the card and return in the post).
- For each reported case, we send a mauve notification form to be completed.
- For pregnancies which are expected to continue to term, we automatically send a yellow outcome form for completion near the expected date of delivery.
- In order to match mothers, children and adolescents reported through different schemes, we ask you to complete soundex on all forms. Visit the soundex page for more information and to use our soundex calculator.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: Angela Jackson 020 7905 2336
Please let us know:
- If you have a pregnancy to notify and are unclear about who is responsible for reporting in your unit.
- If you believe we haven't sent you sufficient forms.
- If you have taken over from a previous respondent in your unit.
If you are contacting us regarding a specific case, please remember we do not have patients' names in our database. Useful identifiers to provide are:
- Our unique mother study number (MSTU) or child study number (CSTU) if allocated.
- Date of birth (mother and/or child) only via telephone and not email.
- Hospital of birth.
Page last modified on 26 jun 12 14:14