HS2 works to begin around central campus
12 April 2018
The High Speed 2 (HS2) rail project is now well under way and we will start to see some works beginning around central campus in the months following the Easter break. UCL is liaising with HS2 Ltd to ensure that the impact on day-to-day life on campus is as minimal as possible, but some interruptions will be unavoidable.
Works will be focused around Gordon Street, Gower Place, Endsleigh Gardens, and North Gower Street. These will begin on 3 April and continue through until 1 June. The schedule below outlines when and where works will be taking place.
- North of Gordon Street, outside Drayton House: 3 - 19 April
- West Endsleigh Gardens near Gordon Street: 3 – 14 May
- East Gower Place, near Gordon Street: 15 - 22 May
- West Gower Place, near Gower Street: 3 – 14 May
- Gower Street, outside Euston Square Station: 15 - 25 May
- North Gower Street, just north of Stephenson Way: 23 May – 1 June
These dates are subject to change. While HS2 have assured us that they will work as close to these dates as possible, there may be mitigating circumstances when the dates need to be changed.
Vehicle access will be maintained but is likely to be reduced at these times, and alternative pedestrian access will be signposted where necessary. These detours and alternative routes will be managed by HS2 Ltd.
UCL will continue to provide updates as works for HS2 progress and impact our campus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact HS2inquiries@ucl.ac.uk.