UCL International Student Support: Tier 4 immigration overview and update for staff
5 April 2017
Do you work with students on a Tier 4 student visa? Would it be helpful for you to know what is expected of your students who are sponsored on a Tier 4 visa, so that both UCL and the student are compliant with current immigration regulations?
The UCL International Student Support team, in collaboration with the UCL Visa Compliance team and UCLU Rights & Advice, is running an information session to provide an overview of Tier 4 student visa regulations and an update on relevant immigration changes within the past year. These sessions are open to all staff members who work with international students and no prior knowledge of Tier 4 is required.
The session will cover the following areas:
• An introduction to the roles and responsibilities of each team;
• A brief description of the process students must go through to obtain a visa and the steps they need to take upon arrival at UCL;
• An overview of Tier 4 compliance responsibilities for UCL and the student, including changes in circumstances, working rights and more;
• Some example case studies and an opportunity to ask any questions
The same session will be running on three alternative days. If you would like to attend, please register your attendance using the link below for the day which suits you best. Places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
• Wednesday 3 May from 1–2:30pm: register on Eventbrite
• Thursday 4 May from 1–2:30pm: register on Eventbrite
• Wednesday 10 May from 1–2:30pm: register on Eventbrite
UCL International Student Support