New UCL social media guidelines now available
11 August 2011
A social media website has been launched which provides information on social media, guidelines for best practice, and examples of use at UCL .
‘Social media’ has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many of us already use websites such as Facebook and Twitter. Currently many UCL departments and teams use social media as a way to network, disseminate research, engage with the public, and update key audiences with the latest news. The website offers information about:
- how UCL users can take advantage of these platforms, including guidelines for best practice
- how UCL teams and departments are currently using social media
- linked tutorials explaining how to get started
UCL also has ‘official’ channels on some of the most popular platforms, including:
- @uclnews on Twitter – updating followers on the latest activities and news at UCL
- UCLTV on YouTube – housing videos about research, events and other activities in the university
- a Flickr photostream - displaying some of our most exciting images
- audio channels on SoundCloud and [link - iTunes U - listing lectures, talks and podcasts
- a newly redesigned Facebook page to update and engage with Facebook users
- many blogs (such as the UCL Events, Learning Technology Support Service and UCL Museums blogs) which provide interesting posts about recent activity.
For more information, you can explore the social media site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nick Dawe, Digital Media Manager, Communications and Marketing Office