UCL news podcast: 18–24 October 2008
24 October 2008
The UCL audio news podcast for the week ending Friday 24 October is now live on iTunes U.
This week’s podcast includes:
- David Cobb of UCL Business discussing the achievements of the two-year UrbanBuzz Sustainable Communities programme, currently showcased at The Building Centre on Store Street off Tottenham Court Road
- A new three-year research project at the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology into the genetic disease retinitis pigmentosa
- Mustafa Abbas of student society Medsin UCL explaining the aims behind the Medsin National Conference on Power and Politics in Global Health held at UCL 25–26 October
- Kate Cheney (UCL Library Services) and Gill Furlong (Head of Special Collections) on the Main Library’s new exhibition ‘Charles Darwin of Gower Street’
- Research from the UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience showing that cross-sensory experiences are not exclusive to people with synaesthesia.
The podcast is approximately 10 minutes long. You can listen through your computer or mp3 player via iTunes U. All UCL weekly news roundup podcasts are available at UCL’s presence on iTunes U, in the News and Events section.
You can also access the feed in mp3 format and memorise it via RSS, so that you are alerted to each new UCL podcast as it becomes available.
To download the software, and experience more UCL lectures, films and discussions on iTunes U, follow the links at the top of this item.