- Religious and Spiritual Support at UCL
- Support provided by your Personal Tutor - information and video
- UCL Health Centre on campus
- Transition Programme for Undergraduate Students
- What changes can you expect upon becoming a student?
- UCL Student Funding Support
- UCL Student Psychological Services
- Support in Student Accommodation
- UCL Student Disability Services
- Student Support and Wellbeing Video
- Look After Your Mate Campaign
- What can Student Psychological Services provide?
- Support provided to you by the UCL Cultural Consultation Service
- Peer to peer confidential support offered to you by London Nightline
- A Formula For Happiness
- Relaxation - How do we know if we are tense?
- UCL Student Dyslexia Services
- UCL Student Disability Services - Top 5 FAQs
- Getting used to living away from home
- Dealing with Anxiety
- World Suicide Prevention Day - today 10 September 2014
- Ebola: What I Should Know About the Ebola Virus Disease?
What can Student Psychological Services provide?
21 July 2014
Coming to university can be an exciting and rewarding time. However, it can also be a time of change and stress. This may lead to difficulties and dilemmas which affect your academic performance or social life. The Student Psychological Service is one of the university’s support services which are here to help.
Student Psychological Services Can Provide:
- A consultation regarding your emotional and physiological needs. In some cases this may be all you require
- Short-term emotional and psychological support through workshops and one-to-one counselling
- Psychiatric assessments and advice on medication
- Referrals to other psychological services (NHS or fee-paying) or support services
- A wide range of self help books and materials
- Letters for extenuating circumstances if you have had counselling or psychiatric support with the service
Student Psychological Services Cannot Provide:
- Some specialised diagnoses such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Dyslexia, Aspergers, etc.
- Long-term psychological treatment
- Ongoing treatment for conditions such as Addictions, Eating Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, etc.
- Any support if you are already seeing a therapist either individually or in a group
- Prescriptions for medications
- Letters for extenuating circumstances if you have not had counselling or psychiatric support with the service
You can find out more about the Services by following the
link to Frequently Asked Questions: