- Pay Your Fees
- Get Your ID
- Get Connected
- Log on to Portico
- Register with your Department
- Select Modules
- Register with the Police
- Register with a Doctor
- Register to vote
- Open a Bank Account
- Student Disability Services
- Travel Information
- Explore the Library
- Follow us on Twitter
- Support & Wellbeing
- Experience UCL
- University Living
- Immigration & Visas
- International Students
- Term Dates
- Staff Area
- Contact Us
Do you require a Visa to enter or stay in the United Kingdom?
A visa is required only by students who are
not from the UK
or the EU and who need to have a visa to enter and live in the UK...
- Your most important task once you arrive at UCL
When you arrive at UCL one of your first and most important tasks is to enrol in person. On completion of enrolment you will then be able to access all the facilities and services you are entitled to as a student at UCL.
My programme starts before September 2016 - When and where do I enrol?
Once you have completed pre-enrolment you will be sent an email telling you when and where to enrol. If you fail to complete pre-enrolment or don't receive any communication about these arrangements before you are due to arrive please contact the New Students Team. All students are required to enrol in person within the two weeks from their official programme start date.
For new students whose official programme start date is not 26 September 2016, enrolment takes place in the Student Centre, which is located in the Chadwick Building on the main UCL campus (see the Maps page for details). The Student Centre is open 10am to 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and 11am to 5pm on Wednesday unless otherwise advertised.
I will be joining UCL on 26 September 2016 - When and where do I enrol?
Once you have completed pre-enrolment you will be sent an email telling you when and where to enrol. If you fail to complete pre-enrolment or don't receive any communication about these arrangements before you are due to arrive, please contact the New Students Team. All students are required to enrol in person within the two weeks from their official programme start date.
Dates and Times for the IOE Initial Teacher Training Enrolment Period and the main UCL Enrolment Period
Please view the Enrolment Opening Times Start of Session 2016 Overview for the dates and times of the IOE Initial Teacher Training enrolment period and the main UCL enrolment period.
When you arrive at UCL to enrol on your programme of study, please go to the Front Quad on the main UCL campus (see map reference C3). UCL staff wearing purple sashes will be happy to help direct you to the enrolment centre.
What do I need to bring with me?
All students should make sure they are able to produce their Student Reference Number on request. You will find your Student Reference Number on your offer letter from UCL. Please bring a copy of your offer letter with you when you come to enrol.
You will be asked to provide:
- An accepted form of photographic identification. UCL's preferred form of identification is a valid passport. If you do not have a valid passport the following will be accepted forms of identification; a UK photo driving licence where this indicates the holder was born in the UK (a valid provisional licence is acceptable), a European National Identity Card, Armed Forces Identity Card. We will also accept an original birth certificate, adoption certificate or certificate of naturalisation when accompanied with additional photographic identification.
- If you are coming to study at UCL from outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland, the presentation of a valid passport and visa to study in the UK is a mandatory requirement. You will need to provide evidence that you have permission to be in the UK that has not expired, does not prohibit study and does not prohibit study at UCL. Information on whether you require a visa to study in the UK, how to apply, guidance notes and application forms are available from the GOV.UK website. UCL is not permitted to allow students to enrol without the correct documentation so please make sure that you have all the required documentation before you travel to UCL.
- If you are registering at UCL while your application for a visa is in process of being considered in the UK, you must ensure that you have copies of your passport details page and your previous leave to remain in the UK and bring with you any acknowledgement that you have from the Home Office of your application. Without this, we cannot enrol you.
- If you are a non EU/EEA or Swiss citizen you might need an ATAS certificate. Please see the International Student Support page for information and which departments require you to have an ATAS certificate.
- If you have not yet done so, you will also need to pay your tuition fees, or provide evidence of a sponsor if you have not already done this (see the Pay Your Fees page for more information).
Statement of Student Status
When you have completed enrolment, you will be given an enrolment confirmation letter which is also known as a Statement of Student Status. This is an official document confirming that you are a UCL student. You will present this statement to obtain your UCL ID card and can also use this as evidence to open a student bank account and claim council tax exemption (full time students only). It is essential that your home, contact and term-time addresses are up to date so that the correct information will appear on this letter.
Page last modified on 23 aug 16 15:56