- Pay Your Fees
- Get Your ID
- Get Connected
- Log on to Portico
- Register with your Department
- Select Modules
- Register with the Police
- Register with a Doctor
- Open a Bank Account
- Disability Services
- Travel Information
- Explore the Library
- Follow us on Twitter
- Support & Wellbeing
- Experience UCL
- University Living
- Immigration & Visas
- International Students
- Term Dates
- Staff Area
- Contact Us
Do you require a Visa to enter or stay in the United Kingdom?
A visa is required only by students who are
not from the UK
or the EU and who need to have a visa to enter and live in the UK...
- Your most important task once you arrive at UCL
When you arrive at UCL one of your first and most important tasks is to enrol in person. On completion of enrolment you will then be able to access all the facilities and services you are entitled to as a student at UCL.
All students are required to enrol in person within two weeks of their official start date.
Research students beginning their courses outside of the main enrolment periods will be sent an email detailing the arrangements for their enrolment. Enrolment for these students will take place in the Student Centre (see the Maps page for details) between 10am and 4pm Monday-Friday.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will be asked to provide:
- An accepted form of photographic identification. UCL's preferred form of identification is a valid passport. If you do not have a valid passport the following will be accepted forms of identification for UK, EU/EEA and Swiss students - a UK/EU photo driving licence (a valid provisional licence is acceptable), a European National Identity Card, Armed Forces Identity Card, an original birth certificate, adoption certificate or certificate of naturalisation.
- If you are coming to study at UCL from outside of the EU/EEA/Switzerland, the presentation of a valid passport and visa to study in the UK is a mandatory requirement. It is important you read through the information available on immigration to ensure you have all the documentation that is required to enrol. UCL is not permitted to allow students to enrol without the correct documentation so please make sure that you have all the required documentation before you travel to UCL.
- If you are a non EU/EEA or Swiss citizen you might need an ATAS certificate. Please see the International Student Support page for information and which departments require you to have an ATAS certificate.
- If you have not yet done so, you will also need to pay your tuition fees, or provide evidence of a sponsor if you have not already done this (see the Pay Your Fees page for more information).
Statement of Student Status
When you have completed enrolment, you will be given a Statement of Student Status. This is an official document confirming that you are a UCL student. You will present this statement to obtain your UCL ID card and can also use this as evidence to open a student bank account and claim council tax exemption (full time students only). It is essential that your home, contact and term-time addresses are valid so that the correct information will appear on this letter.
Page last modified on 07 jan 13 15:51