Students can select any two streams offered from different subject areas, providing the entry requirements for the stream are satisfied (see the image below). (A combination of two streams from the same subject area will be available as a single science degree programme and not available in the Natural Sciences).
There may be some time table constraints (clashes) with a few streams; these will be discussed during the induction week when you arrive.
Admission requirements: three GCE A levels at grades A*AA-AAA (at least two in sciences or mathematics) or equivalent, such as International Baccalaureate.
The specific stream A level requirements:
- Chemistry GCE A level or equivalent is required for Chemistry and for all Life Sciences stream except Genetics, Evolution and Environment.
- Biology GCE A level is required for Genetics, Evolution and Environment and Biology to at least GCE AS level or equivalent is recommended for other Life science streams.
- Physics at GCE A level or equivalent is required for all Physics Streams.
- All Physics streams, the Mathematics and Statistics and Physical Chemistry streams require GCE A level Mathematics.
- No specific restrictions for Earth Sciences and Science and Technology Studies streams, but at least two Science A levels or equivalent.
Permitted Stream Combinations:
Page last modified on 10 mar 14 09:26