Key Facts about the Natural Sciences Degree Programmes at UCL
- Natural Sciences 3FT Hon BSc CFG0
- Natural Sciences 4FT Hon MSci FGC0
The Natural Sciences degree programmes are administered within the same framework of teaching and assessment used by the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (MAPS) and the Faculty of Life Sciences (FLS) for all its degrees, resulting in the same high academic standards. The Natural Sciences programmes are flexible degrees drawing together elements of physics/astrophysics, mathematics, chemistry, Earth sciences, life sciences, maths/statistics and science and technology studies.
The Rationale behind the UCL Natural Sciences programme:
• Boundaries of traditional science subjects such as Biology, Chemistry and Physics
have become less well defined
• Programme designed to complement single science degrees
• Response to modern demands of multidisciplinary research
• Ideal for students who wish to specialise in more than one science subject
Natural Sciences at UCL is also keen to link with multidisciplinary research Centres at UCL such as Nanotechnology, Chemical Biology, Clinical Operational Research Unit and the Institute for Origins.
About the Natural Sciences Degree Programmes at UCL:
- Interdepartmental degree programmes taught by the Life Sciences and Mathematical and Physical Sciences Faculties at UCL.
- Two core streams are selected from a choice of 15 offered by internationally leading departments.
- Option courses offered from physics, mathematics, chemistry, astronomy, Earth sciences, computer science, statistics, medical physics, biology, science and technology studies, languages and management studies.
- Three-year BSc or four-year MSci programmes are available.
- Approximately 20-25 hours of lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes per week plus private study, essay and assignment work.
- Admission requirements: three GCE A levels at grades AAA (at least two in sciences or mathematics) or equivalent, such as International Baccalaureate.
Back to Top
Page last modified on 19 may 11 11:21