Grant Museum of Zoology
- 1890-1910 Many of the Insecta
biodiversity specimens were collected at this time by a number of
collectors including O.C.M.Reid and C.W.Ellacombe.
- 1905 Some of Dr. Philip
Brookes Mason’s “unrivalled collection” of British Lepidoptera are
bought by either Finzi or the Grant Museum.
- 1919 Collection of “bloodsucking flies” transferred from British Museum of Natural History (now the Natural History Museum).
- 1911 The Mr. John A. Finzi collection is donated to the museum by his widow and daughter.
- 1933 Collections moved to Medawar building.
- 1939-1945 Whole collection evacuated to Bangor to avoid damage during the war.
- 1961 "B.C." Collection of moths from Trinidad collected.
- 1980-81 Specimens used in the A-level exam lab at the Pharmacy building are transferred to the museum.
1995-1997 Grant Museum moved from Medawar building to Darwin building.