UCL Museums & Collections
- What's on
- Teaching and learning
- Professional use
- Our work
Apply to exhibit in the Octagon Gallery
We are now launching the fifth competitive call for exhibition proposals for the new Octagon gallery. This is an opportunity to show off your current research.
The theme for the fifth exhibition, inspired by the Gallery name, is EIGHT. Proposals on this theme are invited from across the UCL community.
• Feature current research being undertaken at UCL
• Be submitted by members of UCL staff and research students from at least two departments and result from cross-disciplinary working
• Demonstrate how the theme will attract the public
Proposals will be judged by a panel of academic and professional staff with exhibition expertise, chaired by the Vice-Provost (Research)
The criteria for judging will be as follows:
• Cross-disciplinary nature – is there evidence of cross-disciplinary research and interaction?
• Visual potential – can the work be showcased in a visually dramatic way? Is there potential for showcasing UCL collections?
• Engagement potential – will the exhibition appeal to wide range of audiences? Is there the potential for related events or other forms of engagement and a willingness to devote time to these?
Winners will work with UCL's Exhibitions Manager and museum curators to create an exhibition that draws on UCL’s museums and collections. They will have the benefit of technical and creative input and a budget of up to £4000 for content and materials (not fees or salary costs). In return they will be expected to devote sufficient time over a period of six months to selecting content and preparing and editing interpretation. Please read the guidelines and note this is time consuming! The exhibition will open in January 2015 and will run until June 2015.
For details on how to submit a proposal please visit: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/professional-use/apply-to-exhibit
The closing date for entries is: Tuesday 29th April 2014
If you need advice on completing the proposal, please contact the Exhibitions Manager: Susie Chan (email@example.com), Telephone: 020 7679 3163 (ext. 33163).