UCL Art Museum
We are closed to the public exceptionally from 27 June 2014 to 12 January 2015 for refurbishment works. With the support of a DCMS/Wolfson Museums and Galleries Improvement Fund grant, we will be able to improve our multi-functional space for teaching, research and public engagement. At UCL Art Museum, we have been experimenting with the transformation of the traditional print room to a multi-use museum environment for some years. The award will enable us to balance the competing demands of access and conservation while providing a unique visitor experience and educational environment.
As part of the works, we will improve our lighting and develop innovative display strategies allowing for greater access to our collection of prize-winning artworks from the Slade School of Fine Art, as well as our unique collection of plaster models by acclaimed neo-classical artist John Flaxman.
While we are closed, please send any request for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black Bloomsbury
- Duet: 5th Annual Slade/UCL Art Museum Collaboration
- One Day in the City (Part 1)
- One Day in the City (Part 2)
- Vincula - 4th Annual Slade/UCL Art Museum Collaboration
- Rousseau 300: Nature, Self and State
- Word & Image: Early Modern Treasures at UCL
- Moreover: The Slade revisits UCL Art Collections
- The Age of Expression: 20th-century Northern European Prints from the Barber Institute
- Life, Action and Sentiment: John Flaxman on the art of modern sculpture
- Looking back at the Life Room - a project by Naomi Salaman
- A Tribute to Bartolomeu dos Santos
- 'The Paradox of Mezzotint'
- 'A Drawing Cabinet Unlocked: Old Masters from UCL Art Collections'