This selection of our most recent publications over the past 2 years show our expertise and research in 3D imaging for museums and cultural heritage.
- e-brochure: Hess, M. , Nelson, T. , Robson, S. (2013). The Science of 3D [Digital scholarly resource].
- Tonya Nelson in Cultural leadership case studies of the British Council: Going viral: Museums and 3D. In a two part feature, Tonya Nelson defines and expands on the the idea of ‘viral capacity building’ – the acquisition of knowledge and expertise through person-to-person transfer - in light of the use of 3D technologies in museums and galleries. (Read Part 1 and Part 2).
- Payne, E.M., 2013. Imaging Techniques in Conservation. Journal of Conservation and Museum Studies, 10(2). Available at: http://www.jcms-journal.com/article/view/jcms.1021201
- Nelson, T. and MacDonald, S.: “A Space for Innovation and Experimentation: University Museums as Test Beds for New Digital Technologies” in Academic Museums: Beyond Exhibitions and Education; “Viral Capacity Building for Innovation” in British Council Creative and Cultural Economy; (Autumn 2012) Publisher Link
- Hosseininaveh, A., Serpico, M., Robson, S, Hess, M. V. M., Boehm, J, Pridden, I, & Amati, G. (2012). Automatic Image selection in Photogrammetric Multi-view Stereo methods. Eurographics. European Association for Computer Graphics.. doi:10.2312/VAST/VAST12/009-016
- Giacometti, A., Campagnolo, A., MacDonald, L., Mahony, S., Terras, M., Robson, S., Gibson, A. (2012). Cultural heritage destruction: Documenting parchment degradation via multispectral imaging. Proc. of Electronic Visualisation and the Arts (EVA 2012), 301-308.
- Hess, M., & Robson, S. (2013). Re-engineering Watt: A case study and best practice recommendations for 3D colour laser scans and 3D printing in museum artefact documentation. Lasers in the Conservation of Artworks IX, 154-162. London, UK: Archetype.
- Macdonald, S., Hess, M., Robson, S., & Were, G. (2012). 3D Recording and Museums. In C. Warwick, Terras, Nyhan (Eds.), Digital Humanities in Practice (pp. 91-115). London, UK: Facet.
- Hess, M., & Robson, S. (2010). 3D colour imaging for cultural heritage artefacts. International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, XXXVIII (Part 5), 288-292.
For further information about the publications please browse the papers and publications on the UCL Discovery website. This webpage will be updated regularly.
Page last modified on 26 nov 13 11:09 by Mona Hess