· We’ll teach you in small groups. We give you one-to-one tutorials throughout your degree. Our class groups are no bigger than 15 and sometimes as small as 4.
· We’ll give you one-to-one feedback on every piece of work you do for us. We all teach and whoever teaches you will mark and give you a proper tutorial on all your work, so you can be even better historians.
· You’ll take modules designed to help you move from school to university. Our redesigned First Year helps you manage that shift; with ‘Writing History’ and also ‘Making History’ which gets you thinking about a range of primary sources, sites and monuments in London: from the ‘Elgin Marbles’ to the Temple Church.
· We’ll teach you what we care about and are working on. We’re constantly developing new modules which engage with our research so you get cutting-edge research when we teach you. Our curriculum is flexible, modern and personal to us.
· You’ll be able to take an extraordinary range of modules across time and space. We have permanent staff for all periods: ancient, medieval, early modern and modern. We have permanent staff for a variety of places: Britain, Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Africa, India, China, and Australia.
· You’ll be at a university with one of the best records of graduate employment. A UK top 5 History department (Guardian University Guide 2015), with excellent prospects for graduates.
Page last modified on 22 oct 14 12:25 by Jasmine Gane