Sedment Tomb 274
the underground tomb chamber
(click on the marked parts)
Petrie/Brunton 1924: 2-3
"In the east corner of the open court a square shaft descended about forty feet to the burial chamber. Though quite undisturbed, there was nothing there beyond the skeleton in an inscribed coffin. At about ten feet down in the filling of the shaft, against the south side, facing north, were three ebony statuettes ...In the funeral chamber, below these figures there was the alabster (calcite) head-rest. ... The coffin was cut of a single block"
Copyright © 2000 University College London. All rights reserved.