The Palace of Merenptah at Memphis
The palace of Merenptah was excavated by an expedition of the University of Pennsylvaniay (1915) under Clarence Fisher. Already Petrie had dug in this area and found fragments that, in all likelihood, belonged to the palace, but essentially he only excavated the later levels (see a plan).
Lacovara 1997a: fig. 23
Objects from the palace in the Petrie Museum (the provenance
is not certain)
(click on the image for a larger picture)
Copyright © 2001 University College London. All rights reserved.