Distribution of finds from Lahun and Harageh 1914
The distribution lists in the archives of the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology indicate that finds from the 1913-14 BSAE excavations of Petrie, Brunton and Engelbach at Lahun and Haraga were assigned to the following cities, beside the Egyptian Museum, Cairo (the collection within the city is given, where the records name it) - note though, particularly for the second half of 1914 with the onset of the First World War, that distribution may not have been achieved in all instances:
Other finds were retained by Petrie for teaching and research, and are now in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
Note that the list may be incomplete; some finds may have been assigned but not sent. Substantial time and resources are still needed for the task of checking the archival records against the inventories of so many museums. Some of the collections may no longer exist, with transfers from one place to another. For Harageh it is known that finds from this season also came to the museum at Bexhill.
Copyright © 2002 University College London. All rights reserved.