- Translation in History
- The Society for Comparative Cultural Inquiry
- "'My Dream:' an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'
- Joint FIGS Application Deadlines
- Tagore Studentships
- CHIRP Small Research Grants Scheme
- Wolfson Scholarships
- FIGS Research Funding
- UCL Students win 2013 Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme announced
- Erasmus Exchange with University of Bayreuth
- Funded Masters-Level Study in China
- Student Choice Teaching Awards
- JFIGS Friday Forum: Interdisciplinarity
- Launch of Postgraduate Journal Tropos
- Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- New Postgraduate Support Scheme
Dr Jorge Diaz-Cintas receives an award by the Spanish Association of Audiovisual Translators. More...
Published: May 8, 2015 3:37:17 PM
The Society for Comparative Cultural Inquiry
6 October 2013
Graduate Society for Researchers in SELCS and CMII
The Graduate Society for Comparative Cultural Inquiry will hold its first fortnightly discussion seminars on the 9th of October.
This seminar is an opportunity for Graduate Students in SELCS and CMII to present their work - a chapter, essay, a research, conference proposal, work in progress - to a group of peers in an informal setting, followed by a group discussion. It offers researchers and graduates the chance to get constructive feedback on their work from other PhD students, discuss their research, and join in the interdisciplinary exchange so important to the research community at UCL.
It is also an excellent opportunity to socialise and meet other graduate students at UCL, as this can often be difficult in such a large university and in the Arts & Humanities in particular.
Other than the person presenting, no preparation is required, all that is asked is that you show up and are willing to engage and contribute in the discussion.
The discussion seminar takes place every second Wednesday in the FIGS Common Room, 17, Gordon Square at 18.00 and lasts 1-2 hours.
Every discussion seminar is accompanied by wine and nibbles.