- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
The Postgraduate Support Scheme (PSS) at UCL offers approximately 360 awards of £10,000 each to prospective postgraduate taught students. More...
Published: Mar 12, 2015 12:13:03 PM
Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
Publication date: Mar 18, 2014 11:17 AM
Mar 25, 2014 06:00 PM
End: Mar 25, 2014 09:00 PM
Location: Cinema, Birkbeck School of Arts, 43 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0PD
The Trouble with Being Human These Days: Narrative, voice and ethics
A special preview screening of the film about Zygmunt Bauman, one of the most influential thinkers in contemporary sociology, followed by a talk, discussion and reception.
Schedule of the event:
6pm - Screening
7pm - 'Narrative, Voice and Ethics': talk by Bartek Dziadosz
7.30pm - Q&A with Mark Davis
8pm - Reception with drinks in the foyer of the cinema