- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
UCL is seeking
expressions of interest from members of staff at UCL in the position of
Director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Research
Network at UCL.
Published: Jun 4, 2015 2:54:34 PM
Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
Publication date: Feb 18, 2014 04:57 PM
Start: Mar 24, 2014 07:00 PM
Location: Pearson Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Second screening of 'Portraying Perpetrators', a film series organized by the “Reverberations of World War II” group at UCL
'The last film of Polish director Andrzej Munk. A German woman on a ship coming back to Europe notices a face of another woman which brings recollections from the past. She tells her husband that she has been an overseer in Auschwitz during the war, but she has actually saved a woman's life. Her vision is shown and then the actual events.' - IMDB
The film will be shown in the original version with English subtitles.
- For more information, see the Portraying Perpetrators Film Series page.