Between the Lines Podcasts
- Anthea Bell and Jo Catling - Translating W.G. Sebald
- Alessandro Gallenzi - Alma Classics and Translation
- Clive Scott - Literary Translation
- Daniel Hahn - Translating contemporary novels from French and Portuguese
- Joyce Crick - Freud and Kafka in English
- Eugenia Loffredo and Manuela Perteghella - Translating texts / Making texts
- Margaret Jull Costa - Translation and Reading
- Adam Freudenheim - Translation at Pushkin Press
- Maureen Freely - Engaged Translation
- Steve Waters - Translating Conflict
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
Eugenia Loffredo and Manuela Perteghella - Translating texts / Making texts
11 September 2013
Timothy Mathews speaks with Eugenia Loffredo and Manuela Perteghella, the co-editors of 'Translation and Creativity' (Continuum 2006) and 'One Poem in Search of a Translator' (Peter Lang 2008).
Eugenia and Manuela met in 1998 at the University of East Anglia, UK, while studying for postgraduate degrees in literary translation, Eugenia specialising in experimental translation, Manuela in theatre translation, and have since collaborated in several translation projects.
They are both interested in developing the idea of translation as a creative form of text making, and have set up The Creative Literary Studio in November 2012, a blog and a virtual space encouraging experimentation, performance and the creation of texts through translation.