MSSL Solar Orbiter News
- Solar Orbiter News October 2011
- Solar Orbiter Selected as ESA M-Class Mission
- 10th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Toulouse, 5-7 March 2012
- Solar Orbiter News December 2011
- Solar Orbiter News February 2012
- Solar Orbiter News Q2 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2014
- Solar Orbiter News Q4 2014
- Solar Orbiter News Q1 2015
10th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Toulouse, 5-7 March 2012
6 March 2012
Members of MSSL's PI team for the Solar Orbiter SWA investigation went to Toulouse to meet with consortium colleagues from France, Italy and the USA at the 10th SWA team meeting. Latest developments of the SWA hardware were reviewed, together with the status of the consortium as it heads towards ESA's formal 'Preliminary Design Review' which will occur in mid-May 2012. Chris Owen (SWA Principal Investigator), Chris Brockley-Blatt (SWA Project manager), Barry Hancock (SWA Systems Engineer) and Dhiren Kataria (SWA Instrument Scientist) represented MSSL at the meeting.
Picture caption: The SWA Electron Analyser System (EAS) prototype partially assembled ahead of vibration tests for the MCP subsystem (provided by LPP, Paris) in at MSSL in February 2012.
Page last modified on 06 mar 12 17:34