MSSL Solar Orbiter News
- Solar Orbiter News October 2011
- Solar Orbiter News December 2011
- Solar Orbiter News February 2012
- Solar Orbiter News Q2 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Rome, 23-27 July 2013
- SWA PI Team meet with new SWA DPU Partners, Naples, 5-7 Aug 2013
- UK Government Minister for Universities and Science views Solar Orbiter SWA EAS sensor STM in clean room at MSSL, 13 Aug 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWT meeting held at Royal Observatory of Belgium, Brussels, 24-26 September 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2014
- Solar Orbiter News Q4 2014
- Solar Orbiter News Q1 2015
13th Solar Orbiter SWT meeting held at Royal Observatory of Belgium, Brussels, 24-26 September 2013
27 September 2013
Members of Solar Orbiter SWA consortium went to Brussels to attend the 13th Solar Orbiter Science Working Team meeting.
Latest developments in the Solar Orbiter Program were reviewed and the SWA PI, Prof Chris OWen (UCL/MSSL) reported the latest progress on the SWA development program to the wider Solar Orbiter community. Significant news from the meeting is that the primary launch slot will now be in the summer of 2017, with a back-up window about a year later.
The SWT was followed by a meeting of the Solar Orbiter Data Analysis Working Group, which discussed plans for data format formalisation to promote cross-instrument exchange of data and analysis.
Picture caption: Members of the 13th So SWT were given a tour of the facilities at the Royal Observatory of Belgium, including a visit to the solar telescopes monitoring sunspot activity.
Page last modified on 06 mar 12 17:34