MSSL Solar Orbiter News
- Solar Orbiter News October 2011
- Solar Orbiter News December 2011
- Solar Orbiter News February 2012
- Solar Orbiter News Q2 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Rome, 23-27 July 2013
- SWA PI Team meet with new SWA DPU Partners, Naples, 5-7 Aug 2013
- UK Government Minister for Universities and Science views Solar Orbiter SWA EAS sensor STM in clean room at MSSL, 13 Aug 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWT meeting held at Royal Observatory of Belgium, Brussels, 24-26 September 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2014
- Solar Orbiter News Q4 2014
13th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Rome, 23-27 July 2013
27 July 2013
Members of MSSL's PI team for the Solar Orbiter SWA investigation went to Rome to meet with consortium colleagues from France, Italy and the USA at the 13th SWA team meeting.
Latest developments in the Solar Orbiter Program and in the development of SWA hardware were reviewed. The status of the consortium as it heads towards ESA's formal 'Critical Design Review', which is scheduled for October/November 2013, was discussed. In particular, the team welcomed and held first discussions with new partners responsible for the provision of the SWA DPU from Italy. Chris Owen (SWA Principal Investigator), Chris Brockley-Blatt (SWA Project manager), Barry Hancock (SWA Systems Engineer), Dhiren Kataria (SWA Instrument Scientist) and Alex Rousseau (SWA Contamination manager) represented MSSL at the meeting.
Picture caption: The SWA Electron Analyser System (EAS) Structural Thermal Model (STM) assembled ahead of vibration tests at MSSL in June 2012.
Page last modified on 06 mar 12 17:34