MSSL Solar Orbiter News
- Solar Orbiter News October 2011
- Solar Orbiter News December 2011
- Solar Orbiter News February 2012
- Solar Orbiter News Q2 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWA Team meeting held in Rome, 23-27 July 2013
- SWA PI Team meet with new SWA DPU Partners, Naples, 5-7 Aug 2013
- UK Government Minister for Universities and Science views Solar Orbiter SWA EAS sensor STM in clean room at MSSL, 13 Aug 2013
- 13th Solar Orbiter SWT meeting held at Royal Observatory of Belgium, Brussels, 24-26 September 2013
UK Government Minister for Universities and Science views Solar Orbiter SWA EAS sensor STM in clean room at MSSL, 13 Aug 2013
14 August 2013
The right honourable David Willetts, member of parliament for Havant and Minister for Universities and Science, visited MSSL on the afternoon of 13th August 2013.
Amongst other activities, the minister entered the MSSL clean room to view the Electron Analyser System being developed at MSSL as part of the Solar Wind Analyser (SWA) suite of sensors for the ESA/NASA Solar Orbiter mission. MSSL leads the international SWA consortium (Principal Investigator: Prof Chris Owen, UCL/MSSL) which is providing 3 sensors and a central DPU for the mission. The minister was shown the EAS STM model on the test bench by Chris Brockley-Blatt (SWA Project manager), who also explained the tests on the EAS prototype/development model which were also underway in the clean room thermal-vacuum chamber.
Picture caption: TBA
Page last modified on 15 aug 13 00:19