MSSL Solar Orbiter News
- Solar Orbiter News October 2011
- Solar Orbiter News December 2011
- Solar Orbiter News February 2012
- Solar Orbiter News Q2 2013
- SWA and RPW attend discussions on the developments of the Solar Orbiter High Gain Antenna, ESTEC, 13 May 2013
- MSSL SWA team lead Solar Orbiter Boom Working Group Activities to conclusion, Astrium UK, Stevenage, 30 May 2013
- Solar Orbiter News Q3 2013
MSSL SWA team lead Solar Orbiter Boom Working Group Activities to conclusion, Astrium UK, Stevenage, 30 May 2013
31 May 2013
Chris Brockley-Blatt (SWA Project manager), Barry Hancock (SWA systems engineer) and Andrew Fazakerley (SWA co-Investigator) attended and chaired a meeting of the Boom WG at which Astrium UK, the spacecraft prime contractor, unveiled and discussed the design of a new, longer boom for Solar Orbiter.
This redesign has addressed a number of concerns of the boom-mounted instrument teams, including SWA/EAS. In addition, it was confirmed that the STEIN instrument, which was impinging on the EAS volume and field of view will now be relocated back onto the spacecraft body.
In the wake of the meeting, which was held at Astrium UK premises in Stevenage, it has been concluded that the major tasks for the Boom WG have been completed and that the group can be retired. Remaining issues will be dealt with under the auspices of the Solar Orbiter EMC WG.
Page last modified on 15 aug 13 00:19