MSSL Solar Group News
- Louise Harra at DKIST site
- Lucie Green on Stargazing Live
- Steph Yardley on an eclipse cruise
- Solar Orbiter heat shield attached
- EUI Working group meeting at MSSL
- Bust of Lucie Green unveiled at the Royal Society
- Lucie Green on BBC Radio 4
- Estimating the energy of a global 'EIT wave'
- Solar group winners at the RAS awards
- New Postdoc joins the solar group
- Detecting sun-quakes using GONG data
- NLFFF extrapolation of an emerging active region
- Evidence of a Connection Between Active Region Outflows and the Solar Wind
- Congratulations to Ailsa Prise on passing her viva!
- Congratulations to Prof. Len Culhane!
- Congratulations to Lucie Green on becoming a Professor!
- Welcome to our new postgraduate students!
Detecting sun-quakes using GONG data
9 September 2011
Two papers on detection of sun-quakes using groundbased Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG) data are now published in The Astrophysical Journal. The first, develops specific cleaning techniques for GONG velocity data and shows that it can be used for quake detection by comparing the results with those obtained from spacebased SOHO-MDI mission. In the second, a new sun-quake associated with 2006 December 14 X class flare is reported and analysed.