MSSL Solar Group News
- Louise Harra at DKIST site
- Lucie Green on Stargazing Live
- Steph Yardley on an eclipse cruise
- Solar Orbiter heat shield attached
- EUI Working group meeting at MSSL
- Bust of Lucie Green unveiled at the Royal Society
- Lucie Green on BBC Radio 4
- Estimating the energy of a global 'EIT wave'
- Solar group winners at the RAS awards
- New Postdoc joins the solar group
- Detecting sun-quakes using GONG data
- NLFFF extrapolation of an emerging active region
- Evidence of a Connection Between Active Region Outflows and the Solar Wind
- Congratulations to Ailsa Prise on passing her viva!
- Congratulations to Prof. Len Culhane!
- Congratulations to Lucie Green on becoming a Professor!
- Welcome to our new postgraduate students!
- Congratulations to Dr. Jack Carlyle!
- Election to UKSP council
NLFFF extrapolation of an emerging active region
9 September 2011
A new EIS nugget for the month of September has been written by G. Valori of LESIA-Observatoire de Paris. Nonlinear force-free field (NLFFF) extrapolation was used to investigate the structure of the field at the time of the main emergence. Here, the extrapolation is based on an SOT/SP vector magnetogram obtained from the scan on 4 July 11:58-12:34 UT. You can read the full text here.