MSSL Solar Group News
- Louise Harra at DKIST site
- Lucie Green on Stargazing Live
- Steph Yardley on an eclipse cruise
- Solar Orbiter heat shield attached
- EUI Working group meeting at MSSL
- Bust of Lucie Green unveiled at the Royal Society
- Lucie Green on BBC Radio 4
- Estimating the energy of a global 'EIT wave'
- Solar group winners at the RAS awards
- New Postdoc joins the solar group
- Detecting sun-quakes using GONG data
- NLFFF extrapolation of an emerging active region
- Evidence of a Connection Between Active Region Outflows and the Solar Wind
- Congratulations to Ailsa Prise on passing her viva!
- Congratulations to Prof. Len Culhane!
- Congratulations to Lucie Green on becoming a Professor!
Evidence of a Connection Between Active Region Outflows and the Solar Wind
9 August 2011
(by David H. Brooks, George Mason University and Harry P. Warren, Naval Research Laboratory). Hinode has revealed the presence of high temperature (few MK) outflows at the edges of many active regions. These outflows show velocities of tens of km/s and appear to persist for at least several days. The full text is available here.