MSSL Planetary Science News
- Mars Advanced Summer School, China
- New Planetary Group Website Launched
- Cassini CAPS Team Meeting: Glacier National Park, Montana
- Workshop on future observations and study of Uranus
- Joint meeting of the European Planetology Network and Division of Planetary Sciences of the American Astronomical Society in Nantes, France
- 4th ExoMars Science Working Team Meeting, ESTEC, The Netherlands
- ScienceWatch interview with Prof. Andrew Coates
- Dr. Adam Masters wins the Robert Boyd Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement
- Planetary Group attends the 2011 Fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco
- Dione's thin oxygen exosphere
- Dr. Gethyn Lewis attends a meeting of the Spacecraft Plasma Interaction Network
- Planetary group attends the RAS National Astronomy Meeting in Manchester
- Comet studies in the planetary group catch media attention at the RAS National Astronomy Meeting
- Planetary group scientists attend Cassini Magnetospheric and Plasma Science Meeting
- Selection of JUICE mission to Jupiter and Ganymede by ESA
- Planetary science group hosts Cassini CAPS Team Meeting 43
- Dr. Chris Arridge awarded a Royal Society University Research Fellowship
Planetary science group hosts Cassini CAPS Team Meeting 43
31 May 2012
On Thursday 31 May and Friday 1 June the Planetary science group is hosting the 43rd meeting of the Cassini Plasma Spectrometer (CAPS) team.
The meeting has a full programme, with planetary group scientists Andrew Coates giving presentations on Titan and Encealdus, Annie Wellbrock on Titan, Gethyn Lewis and Lin Gilbert on instrument operations, Chris Arridge on instrument operations and a survey of electrons in Saturn's magnetosphere, Geraint Jones on comet 153P/Ikeya-Zhang and negatively-charged particles near Enceladus, and Jamie Jasinski on Saturn's magetospheric cusps.
This is the first Cassini CAPS team meeting since the instrument was successfully turned on again on 18 March, after a data gap since July 2011 caused by an investigation of a spacecraft issue.
Page last modified on 31 may 12 12:11