MSSL recruits several PhD students annually. The MSSL Astrophysics group welcomes applications from enthusiastic students. How to apply can be found here.
PhD Projects 2013
These are potential PhD projects starting in 2013. Please feel free to contact us, and discuss the projects.
- High Resolution X-ray Spectroscopy of Active Galactic Nuclei: Prof. Graziella Branduardi-Raymont
- X-ray Studies of Planets in Our Solar System: Prof. Graziella Branduardi-Raymont
- Mining the XMM-Newton Serendipitous Ultraviolet Source Survey (SUSS): Prof. Mark Cropper, Dr. Roberto Mignani
- Galactic Archaeology with Stellar Spectra: Prof. Mark Cropper, Dr. George Seabroke, Dr. Ignacio Ferreras, Dr. Daisuke Kawata
- Understanding the mechanism of galaxy growth through a spectroscopic analysis of stellar populations: Dr. Ignacio Ferreras
- High-resolution Cosmological Simulations of Disc Galaxies: Dr. Daisuke Kawata
Cosmology and Gravitational Lensing: Dr. Thomas Kitching
- Measuring Dark Energy Properties with 3D Weak Lensing
- Measuring the geometry of the universe with cluster of the galaxies
- Gamma-Ray Burst Astrophysics: Prof. Mat Page
Neutron Star Studies: Dr. Silvia Zane
- Explaining cause and spectra of X-ray burst from magnetars
- Relativistic Jets from Accreting Black Holes: Are They Baryonic or Leptonic? Dr. Silvia Zane, Prof. Kinwah Wu