MSSL recruits several PhD students annually. The MSSL Astrophysics group welcomes applications from enthusiastic students. How to apply can be found here.
PhD Projects 2014
These are potential PhD projects starting in 2014. Please feel free to contact us, and discuss the projects.
- Weak Gravitational Lensing: Dr Jason McEwen
- Cosmoinformatics:Dr Jason McEwen
- Machine learning and informatics techniques to detect cosmic strings: Dr Jason McEwen
- Neutron star studies: Dr Silvia Zane
- Relativistic Jets from Accreting Black Holes: Are They Baryonic or Leptonic?: Dr. Silvia Zane, Prof. Kinwah Wu
- Measuring dark energy properties with 3D weak lensing: Dr. Thomas Kitching
- Measuring the geometry of the universe with cluster of the galaxies: Dr. Thomas Kitching
- High-Resolution Numerical Simulations of the Galactic Centre: Dr Daisuke Kawata
- High-energy particles generation in violent astrophysical environments: Prof Kinwah Wu
- The growth of massive black holes over cosmic time: Prof. Mathew Page
- Gamma-Ray Burst Astrophysics: Prof. Mathew Page
- Galactic Archaeology with Stellar Spectra: Prof. Mark Cropper, Dr. George Seabroke, Dr. Ignacio Ferreras, Dr. Daisuke Kawata