MSSL-UCL Astrophysics Group
Welcome to the University College London (UCL) MSSL astrophysics group web-site. In synergy with MSSL's involvement in space science missions, members of the astrophysics group actively work on a wide range of astronomy and astrophysics. Please also visit our MSSL Astrophysics Blog.
Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe… and the human brain (Artist’s impression of the Square Kilometre Array at night; Credit: SKA Organisation)
Swift/UVOT Serendipitous Source Catalogue (UVOTSSC) First Data Release!
Gaia in Space (Credit: ESA/ATG medialab; background image: ESO/S. Brunier)
ESA's Euclid mission. MSSL is leading efforts to design and build the VIS instrument. (Credit: ESA/C. Carreau)
- Application for PhD positions in 2015 is now open! Please visit PhD projects page. The deadline for STFC studentship application is 8 February 2015.
- Congratulations to George Seabroke on his winning the Elizabeth Puchnarewicz Award for Outstanding Contribution to Public Outreach.
- Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe… and the human brain (24 November 2014, Article: The Conversation, Press Release: UCL MAPS, MSSL)
- Swift/UVOT Serendipitous Source Catalogue (UVOTSSC) first data release on Swift's 10th Birthday (20 Nov 2014)!
- Fast-flowing gas curtails galaxy's glow (20 June 2014, published in Science, Press release UCL, MSSL astro blog, co-author: Graziella Branduardi-Raymont, Megan Whewell)
- Congratulations to Jason Hunt on his winning the UCL Research Poster Competition 2013/2014 (MSSL news).
- EWASS2015 Symposium: Deconstructing Massive Galaxy Formation (La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain, 22-24 June, 2015, Co-Chair: Ignacio Ferreras)
- The International Biomedical and Astronomical Signal Processing (BASP) Frontiers workshop 2015 (Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland, 25-30 January 2015, SOC: Jason McEwen)
- XMM SSC Consortium meeting No. 28 (MSSL, 22-23 January 2015, Chair: Mat Page)