MSSL-UCL Astrophysics Group
Welcome to the University College London (UCL) MSSL astrophysics group web-site. In synergy with MSSL's involvement in space science missions, members of the astrophysics group actively work on a wide range of astronomy and astrophysics. Please also visit our MSSL Astrophysics Blog.
Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe… and the human brain (Artist’s impression of the Square Kilometre Array at night; Credit: SKA Organisation)
Swift/UVOT Serendipitous Source Catalogue (UVOTSSC) First Data Release!
Gaia in Space (Credit: ESA/ATG medialab; background image: ESO/S. Brunier)
ESA's Euclid mission. MSSL is leading efforts to design and build the VIS instrument. (Credit: ESA/C. Carreau)
- Congratulations to Jason Hunt on his winning Bronze prize at SET for Britain poster competition in the House of Commons on 9th March 2015 (UCL MAPS news)
- Congratulations to George Seabroke on his winning the Elizabeth Puchnarewicz Award for Outstanding Contribution to Public Outreach (3 December 2014).
- Pioneering work helps to join the dots across the known universe… and the human brain (24 November 2014, Article: The Conversation, Press Release: UCL MAPS, MSSL)
- Swift/UVOT Serendipitous Source Catalogue (UVOTSSC) first data release on Swift's 10th Birthday (20 Nov 2014)!
- Fast-flowing gas curtails galaxy's glow (20 June 2014, published in Science, Press release UCL, MSSL astro blog, co-author: Graziella Branduardi-Raymont, Megan Whewell)
- Next-Generation Radio Interferometric Imaging for the SKA 2015, A Royal Society South Africa-UK Scientific Seminar (Cape Town, 23-27 March 2015, Chair: Jason McEwen)
- EWASS2015 Symposium: Deconstructing Massive Galaxy Formation (La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain, 22-24 June, 2015, Co-Chair: Ignacio Ferreras)