MSSL Opening 3 May 1967
The Mullard Space Science Laboratory was formally opened by F.E. Jones, Managing Director of Mullard Ltd on the 3rd May 1967. It had been operational since 1966 and the site was acquired in 1965.
At that time MSSL was part of the Physics and Astronomy department.
Documents related to the opening may be accessed here:
Opening Programme (pdf 1257 KB)
Opening speech by F.E. Jones (pdf 1299 KB)
Opening speech by Prof Robert Boyd (pdf 1719 KB)
Press briefing (pdf 1723 KB)
After dinner speech by F.E. Jones (pdf 1435 KB)
List of space missions in preparation at the time of launch (pdf 950 KB)
MSSL general information (pdf 1062)
First 10 years (pdf 2463)
Page last modified on 13 sep 11 10:24